- This event has passed.
Making the Complex Simple
July 29 @ 7:30 am - 8:30 amA$10.00
What it’s about:
Complexity in the world of work and change can be argued that it comes part and parcel with surviving and thriving. As a species, we have had to grapple with uncertainty and challenges in order to not only survive, but also evolve and thrive into the future and the exact same can be said about the businesses we work with and for. However, there are some fundamental differences this time around which makes leading people and change far more complex than ever before:
- Customers demanding complex, hyper-tailored solutions packaged in simple and easy ways
- Global social awareness and activism thanks to social media and crowdsourcing
- More variables and moving parts
- Speed and pace of change, innovations, and business evolutions
- Lack of a baseline of the past failures and lessons learned
- Democratisation of knowledge and technology
- Uncertainty of the next future global crises
Having said this, there already are organisations globally where complexity and uncertainty are business as usual from the get go. What might we learn from them?
What we will cover:
In this upcoming panel session we will:
- Unpack what complexity means for us as a collective
- Share REAL examples of how others are navigating complexity
- How leveraging the power of the collective using human-centric approaches and collaborative examples can make the complex simple
- Learn practical tools from how the US military tackles uncertainty and complexity and what is relevant to civilian world currently grappling with change
- Participate in a virtual human-centred design activity to bring to life and summarises our topic
Thursday 29th July 2021 (AUS / AEST) / Wednesday 28th July 2021 (USA / ET)
- Start 7:30am (Sydney / AEST) / 5:30pm (New York / ET)
- Finish 8:30am (Sydney / AEST) / 6:30pm (New York / ET)
We’ve set a small fee to support our planet Earth and friends at World Wide Fund for Nature Australia (WWF) so we can continue to build a future where humans can live in harmony with nature.
All proceeds will be donated to WWF.
Who is this for?
Emerging leaders who are involved in developing business strategies and influencing business growth and change any shape or form, be it project managers, business/team leaders, change managers, learning and development professionals and communication specialists.
Space for Change
A collective of like minded transformation consultants who are passionate about human-centric approaches to change. We catch up monthly and talk about topics that matter.
Why? Because everybody deserves to find their place, now and in the future, so we can make history.
At Earth2Mars, we believe and invest in our human potential to expand our horizons and continuously learn and grow together. For us, our mission is to see humanity become an interplanetary species, but how can we ever hope to coexist on Mars if we still haven’t learned to do this on our home planet first?
We catch up at monthly events and talk about topics that matter to humanity, so come and join your tribe on Linkedin.
About the presenters
Zebrina is the co-founder and CEO of Zero Six Group (ZSG) and co-author of The Leader’s Choice. She has spent nearly two decades designing impactful and transformative educational experiences for executives in the defence sector for the Department of Defence, U.S. military services, and the private sector. As a civilian, she developed a close understanding and appreciation of military leadership and how the military invests in their greatest weapon and asset, their people. Now she consults and works with private and public industries to bring the best of military leadership and emotional intelligence to the nonmilitary world, preparing confident leaders to tackle an uncertain future.
Cristina, Founder of Cristina Herrera Consulting, is fiercely committed to navigating through life and business with a hand-on-heart approach. Cristina is an industry thought leader, speaker, educator and mentor in Organisational Change Management and Workplace Strategy with a wealth of global cross-cultural experience.
Andrew founded Earth2Mars to help people make a difference in the world. With over 17+ years of transformational, technology and organisational change experience he brings together the best of business, consulting, design-thinking and behavioural science to any transformation program (big, small or somewhere in between) because everyone deserves a place in the future.
All proceeds will be donated to charity, there are no refunds.